The Great White T Shirt Challenge Rules
This contest is intended for viewing and participation in Canada only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of Canada. Please do not proceed if you are not a legal resident of Canada at time of entry.
Sponsor: Craft and Hobby Association, 319 E. 54th Street, Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
Brief Overview of Contest
This is a Contest to be conducted during the period commencing at 12:00 a.m. EST, April 27, 2012 and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. EST, March 22, 2013, for you as a Contestant to compete for a first place prize and a runner up prize in each of three categories: Home Décor, Fashion and Quilting
by submitting a photograph of a white cotton T-shirt that best displays the creative use of the T-shirt, demonstration of various forms of sewing, hand and/or machine, visual appeal and use of additional materials and inspirational impact to encourage others to replicate the project.
Finalists will be required to submit their completed projects. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. The awarding of the prizes is subject to the eligibility and forfeiture provisions set forth below.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void in Quebec and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law. Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
- All entries must use a white cotton T shirt as the basis for the project.
- Contest begins at 12.00 a.m. EST on April 27, 2012 and ends on March 22, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST (“Entry Period”).
- During the Entry Period, you may enter the Contest by emailing email@example.com your finished project and complete contact information. You should also include a brief description as well as any specific details about your project that you would like the judges to know. All submissions will be posted on our Canada Sews Facebook page. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your email address. Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59:59 p.m. EST March 22, 2013.
- 3-5 Finalists in each of the three categories, home décor, fashion and quilting will be announced on March 31, 2013.
- Finalists will be asked to send their completed projects, at their sole cost, to the CHA Canadian Representative office 633419 Hwy 10 North, Suite B7, Orangeville, Ontario, Canada L9W 2Z1 for photographing for media publication. Prizes will not be awarded until finalist’s entries are received. If a finalist’s entry is not received by April 15, 2013, the prize will be forfeited.
- Contest is open to any individual over 12 years old (parental approval necessary for those under the age of majority) and a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) (“Entrant” or “Contestant”) who has a valid email address. Employees of Craft and Hobby Association (the Sponsor), its subsidiaries and associated companies, corporate employees of any of the prize sponsors, judges, or persons with whom any of these are domiciled or a member of their immediate family (defined as mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and husband or wife) of any of the above persons are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- A first prize and runner up will be presented in each of the three categories: Home Décor, Fashion and Quilting, limited to one prize per household. Prizes include:
First Prize: Pfaff Hobby 122 Sewing Machine ($449 value), VIP Show Passes for either the Fall 2013 CreativFestival in Mississauga or the2013 Spring Creative Stitches Alive Show in Victoria or Abbottsford, BC (up to $500 value), $300 of Coats and Clark thread, $200 Gift Certificate from Fabricland.
Runner Up: Singer Talent 3323 Sewing Machine ($249 value), Sewing basket of notions from N Jefferson ($100 value), $150 of tools from Westcott, $100 of Coats and Clark thread, $100 Gift Certificate from Fabricland
First Prize: Brother Innov-is 40 Sewing Machine ($499 value), VIP Show Passes for either the Fall 2013 CreativFestival in Mississauga or the 2013 Spring Creative Stitches Alive Show in Victoria or Abbottsford, B.C. (up to $500 value), Sulky 30wt Blendables Thread Dream Package ($300 value), $100 of Coats and Clark thread, $200 gift certificate from Fabricland.
Runner Up: Fabric & pattern to make a queen-size Freckles Frenzy quilt, including all 91 colours of Northcott’s Freckles collection ($340 value), $150 of tools from Westcott, $100 Coats and Clark thread, $100 gift certificate from Fabricland.
First Prize: Janome SUV 1122 sewing machines ($449 value), VIP Show Passes for either the Fall 2013 CreativFestival in Mississauga or the 2013 Spring Creative Stitches Alive Show in Victoria or Abbottsford, B.C. (up to $500 value), Gutermann Sew-all Thread in Home Cabinet ($300 value), $100 of Coats & Clark thread, $200 gift certificate from Fabricland.
Runner-Up: Husqvarna Viking H Class E10 Sewing Machine ($269 value), LED portable lamp sponsored by N Jefferson ($60 value), $150 of tools from Westcott, $100 of Coats and Clark thread, $100 gift certificate from Fabricland.
Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. All prizes must be accepted as awarded and are non-transferable or convertible to cash or other substitutes except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize(s) of equal or higher value at its sole discretion. Any portion of the prize(s) that is unused or which is not used according to these Official Rules and Regulations will be forfeited and will have no cash value. Prizes may not be separated. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received and prizes are validly claimed.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and Regulations and decisions of the Sponsors and judges, which are final and binding on all entrants with respect to all aspects of the Contest.
- Except as specifically provided herein, by entering the Contest, you agree to grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable worldwide license to use, re-use, reproduce, transmit, display, distribute, redistribute, copy, store, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon and publicly display the contents of the Submission, in whole or in part, in all media, formats and channels now known or hereafter devised, for the duration of the rights in each country, area and space, in perpetuity and in all languages, formats and versions, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation. Contestants agree that Sponsor may, but is not required to, attribute the Submission or part thereof, to Contestant. By submitting the Submission, Contestant waives and releases and holds the Sponsor harmless from any and all claims that Contestant or any third party may now or herafter have based on defamation, privacy, publicity, unfair competition or moral rights (droit moral) with respect to the Submission and anything contained therein. All material owned by the Sponsor, including but not limited to any picture, logo, title art, etc., shall remain its property and you shall acquire no rights therein by virtue of the Contest.
- By submitting the Submission in the Contest, you represent and warrant to Sponsor that the Submission and everything depicted therein: (1) are original with you and do not originate from a magazine, newspaper, or other commercial or proprietary source; (2) do not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any person, firm or entity, including privacy and publicity rights; (3) do comply with these Rules; (4) do not contain any trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork or other material that includes and/or would infring any third party’s copyrights or trademarks; (5) have not previously been submitted in a contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means; (6)do not contain material which is objectionable (i.e., sexually explicit, contains, mentions or references drugs, alcohol, vulgarity, profanity, etc.) or unlawful as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. You further represent and warrant to Sponsor that: (a) you have all rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Submission in accordance with the Rules; (b) no person or entity other than you has any right, title or interest in and to any part of the Submission and (c) you are not subject to any agreement or arrangement that would interfere with your entering this Contest and granting all the rights granted hereunder or that would conflict with any other documentation required hereunder. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and remove any Contestant that Sponsor deems to be in violation of these representations and warranties at any time.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising materials and the Official Rules and Regulations.
- Canada Sews and its sponsors are not responsible for failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections or mailing delivery issues related to this contest. Sponsor is not required to communicate with any Contestant during the duration of the Contest.
- Canada Sews and its sponsors are not responsible for any inaccuracies in information which may be used in the Contest, or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries, including data entered by contestants. Canada Sews and its sponsors reserve the right to discontinue the Contest at any time, in which event, only entries received prior that date will be considered.
- Sponsor accepts no responsibility for altered, lost, stolen, delayed, deleted, destroyed, damaged, fraudulent, illegible, forged, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, mutilated, non-delivered, tampered with, unauthorized, or otherwise not incompliance with these Rules, incomplete or misdirected entries (including finalists’ submission of the T-shirt) or any failure of the website during the contest period for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering, insufficient space in your email account to receive email, or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from uploading or downloading any material relating to the Contest, even if caused by the negligence of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, it its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel the Contest, in whole or in part should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond its reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest or for any other reason. The Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Contest at any time, for any reason, including if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, that corrupt the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Contest. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entries made online will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder for that email address.
- Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest including, but not limited to, any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entrant engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes that they may have won.
- Prizes will be awarded based on the following criteria, Creative use of the T shirt, demonstration of various forms of sewing, hand and/or machine, visual appeal and use of additional materials and Inspirational impact to encourage others to replicate the project. Judging will be done by a panel of individuals made up from the prize sponsors. On or about March 31, 2013, the winners will be selected by the judges based on the criteria. Judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to the judging.
- NOTIFICATION AND AWARDING OF PRIZES: Finalists and winners, if any, will be notified by email or via telephone on or about March 31, 2013 and will be required to sign and return a Publicity/Liability Release. At the sole discretion of the sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential winner’s failure to respond to notification within three (3) business days after its mailing/transmission; (2) the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) a potential winner’s failure to execute and return a Publicity/Liability Release within ten (10) days of mailing; (5) a potential winner’s failure to submit the T-shirt by April 15, 2013; (6) a potential winner’s failure to validly claim a prize by April 15, 2013; and (7) any other non-compliance with the Rules. If winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return the completed and executed Publicity/Liability Release, prize will be forfeited. If prize is unclaimed, an alternate winner will be selected. By participating, a winner, except where prohibited by law, grants Canada Sews the right to use the winner's name, likeness, picture, photograph, portrait, or other likeness, hometown, voice, biographical information, written submissions and written or oral statements, as well as his/her appearance at publicity events, for advertising and promotional purposes and as required by the Sponsor without additional compensation unless required by law. All applicable taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner.
- Electronic image entries become the property of Canada Sews; however, finalist and winning entries physical projects will be retained for a period of time by Canada Sews for promotional purposes but returned to the entrant upon completion of any promotional use.
- Copies of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 633419 Hwy 10 North, Suite B7, Orangeville, Ontario, Canada L9W 2Z1 Requests for Official Rules must be received March 22, 2013. All times and dates in these Official Rules are Eastern Standard Time. For a list of winners (after April 15, 2013), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 633419 Hwy 10 North, B7, Orangville, Ontario, Canada L9W 2Z1.
- This Contest is exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated solely in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Canada Sews reserve the right in their sole discretion to modify or cancel all or any portions of the Contest because of technical errors or malfunctions.