MEDIA CREDENTIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
- Media credentials are for editorial staff covering the CHA Trade Show only.
- Submitting an application does not automatically qualify an applicant for a media credential.
- A history of prior attendance does not guarantee approval or waive any application requirements.
- Misrepresentation of your position and/or the media outlet will bar you and your organization from all CHA events.
- Show management reserves the right to modify its policies without notice and may deny any applicant a media credential for any reason.
- NO photography or videography is permitted on the Show Floor unless with prior permission from Show Management AND the companies, people and products included in the photographs or video. Production companies, videographers, bloggers and photographers are required to secure CHA permission prior to capturing images or video on the Show Floor. Even then, photography and video is dependent on an exhibitor’s desire to participate. Exhibitors have the right to grant or deny permission to capture photography or video of their booths, products, staff, workshops and education to the media or show attendees.
- Media credentials are provided on a conditional basis. CHA expects professional behavior by any credentialed member of the media. CHA reserves the right to revoke media credentials and eject any member of the media from the CHA Show for acting unethically; not securing permission for exhibitor video or photography; using the media credential to solicit free products for non-editorial use; sharing of media credentials; securing a media credential under false pretenses; or other general abuse of the CHA media credential.
NOTE: Media who previously attended either the Summer 2012 or Winter 2013 shows will not need to re-submit proof of credentials. However, you must still fill out the online application for consideration. CHA does reserve the right to require proof of documentation prior to approval of application.
Media representatives who do not qualify for media credentials will be required to meet CHA Show qualifications for admission and pay all applicable fees. Lost or duplicate badges will be charged a $15 re-print fee. Additionally, advertising, sales, public relations, marketing, or design staff must register under their CHA member company names, if exhibiting or attending the Show. If your company is not a member of CHA and you do not meet the media credential requirements, then you may register at the Non-Member Desk in Registration and pay the full, non-member badge fee per person. No exceptions will be made.
Traditional Media Outlets, Online Outlets & Bloggers –
(Note: Creators of personal online content are generally not eligible for a media credential.)
To be eligible for a media credential, each media representative must apply individually and submit:
- Business Card – Must show name, title and company name (REQUIRED)
- Current print-out/scan of Google Analytics page of your blog or website (REQUIRED for bloggers & online outlets)
And any TWO of the following requirements:
- Police-issued press credential
- Hard copy or scan of a current issue of your printed publication (screen shot or pdf of a current issue of your online publication) and masthead listing your name AND editorial title
- Recently bylined article (within the last 90 days) indicating you are a staff editor, writer, reporter or regular contributor
- Letter on company stationery that identifies you and your editorial position at the media outlet
- Verifiable letter of assignment from a bona fide media outlet (required for freelance reporters, writers or photographers)
- For all TV outlets, please submit a media clip featuring you and/or rolling credits with your name and title. All video files must be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Submission Process: Submit your online application through the link provided above. You will receive an immediate email confirmation of your submission. This is NOT an approval of your credentials. You will receive an approval or decline email within 5-7 business days of your online submission. Once approved, you will receive an ExpressPass confirmation email no later than Friday, July 12th. Your ExpressPass will contain a QR code that you MUST bring to show site and scan at the Press Registration ExpressPass Kiosk on site in the registration area, in the 2nd floor Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center, in order to receive your badge. NOTE: Online applications will only be accepted through Friday, July 5th. All remaining applicants must register on site at the Press Registration desk in the registration area referenced above.
Please visit the Registration FAQs on www.craftandhobby.org/registration for more information and scheduled registration hours.
Questions on Media Qualifications/Applications/Registration:
Andria LaJeunesse, CEM
Events & Expositions Manager
Questions regarding CHA Public Relations:
VP of Marketing & Communications