Canada:Canada Sews Mystery Basket Challenge Spring 2015
Presenting the 2015
Mystery Basket Sewing Challenge
Seeking 20 courageous sewing Enthusiasts
Spring CreativFestival, April 24-25, 2015
International Centre, Mississauga, Ontario.
Compete for a chance to win a
Sewing Machine & other great prizes from our sponsors,
There will be five Mystery Basket Sewing Challenges over the two days with four contestants in each challenge. The contestants will receive a basket of sewing items and will have one hour to complete the assigned project. Contestants will have use of a Brother sewing machine, threads, sewing tools and additional items to complete their project. Contestants must use each item in the mystery basket in their project in some way.
The winner of each challenge will be awarded a prize, and all contestants will receive a gift for participating. The winners of each of the four challenges will have their individual projects submitted for judging by a panel of experts. The overall victor will win the grand prize, a Brother Sewing Machine. The grand prize winner will be announced on Saturday 15, April, the last day of the show, at approximately 4:00pm.
Go to following link and complete the application and tell us in 100 words or less why you’d love to win a new
Brother Sewing machine. Feel free to express yourself creatively using humour, poetry or prose as you see fit.
Friday April 24 11.00am, 2.00pm, 5.00pm
Saturday April 25 11.00am, 2.00pm
Successful applicants will be notified by Monday April 20, 2015. Two back-up contestants will also be selected for each day. Back-up contestants must be present 20 minutes before the assigned challenge time in case an opening becomes available.
The Mystery Basket Sewing Contest is made possible by the following sponsors: A Needle Pulling Thread, Brother Canada, Coats and Clark, CreativFestival, Free Spirit, Gutermann, Northcott. Red Heart, Rowan, Schmetz, and the Craft and Hobby Association.
Information and General Overview of Rules
- You must be a resident of Canada and over 14 years of age.
- If you are an employee or family member of a sponsor or live in the same household as a sponsor you are not eligible to complete.
- All materials and tools will be supplied for the contest.
- Contestants must sign a wavier to allow photographs to be taken during the event and of the final results that may be used by the organizers and sponsors.
- Completed project entries must remain in the Canada Sews booth until the final judging on Saturday April 25 at 4pm after which arrangements may be made to pick up the project from the booth.
- You must be present 20 minutes before your assigned challenge start time; otherwise your spot will be taken by a back-up contestant.
- The actual challenge will take one hour, however, extra time before the challenge begins will allow for a review of the rules, instructions, machine practice and overview of the project before the challenge begins.
- If for any reason you are unable to attend your challenge please notify Paula Jones at 416 505-2336 at least 24 hours before your assigned time.
- All contestants in each challenge will receive the same basket of products to use with additional products available from a shared table.
- Judges will be chosen for each challenge from the pool of sponsors from Canada Sews.
- The judge’s results are final.
- Prizes will be awarded to each of the five winners from selection of products from our sponsors.
- How well contestant followed and executed the assignment.
- Contestants use of all mystery basket contents
- Overall appeal of the finished project
- Construction technique
MYSTERY BASKET SEWING CHALLENGE
Spring Creative Festival at the International Centre Mississauga, April 24 & 25, 2015.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and Regulations and decisions of the Sponsors and judges, which are final and binding on all entrants with respect to all aspects of the Contest.
- Except as specifically provided herein, by entering the Contest, you agree to grant to Canada Sews and its sponsors the right to publish pictures, images of contestants and their names as well as the constructed projects in print, social media and other media outlets.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising materials and the Official Rules and Regulations.
- Canada Sews and its sponsors are not responsible for any inaccuracies in information which may be used in the Contest, or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries, including data entered by contestants. Canada Sews and its sponsors reserve the right to discontinue the Contest at any time, in which event, only entries received prior that date will be considered.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Contest at any time, for any reason.
- Prizes will be awarded based on the following criteria;How well contestant followed and executed the assignment, contestants make use of all mystery basket contents, Use of creativity, Overall appeal of the finished project, Construction techniques
- Judging will be done by a panel of individuals made up from the Canada Sews booth sponsors. On Saturday April 25 4pm a grand prize winner will be selected. The winner will be selected by the judges based on the criteria. Judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to the judging.
- NOTIFICATION AND AWARDING OF PRIZES: Finalists and winners, if any, will be notified by email or via telephone on or about Saturday April 25 at 4pm and must sign and return a Publicity/Liability Release. By participating, a winner, except where prohibited by law, grants Canada Sews the right to use the winner's name, likeness, picture, photograph, portrait, or other likeness, hometown, voice, biographical information, written submissions and written or oral statements, as well as his/her appearance at publicity events, for advertising and promotional purposes and as required by the Sponsor without additional compensation unless required by law. All applicable taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner.
- This Contest is exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated solely in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.